The Wilmington HOPE Commission (WHC) and its Executive Director where recognized with the Leonard L. Williams award on November 17, 2019 in Wilmington Delaware. The Wilmington HOPE Commission is Delaware’s premier correctional re-entry program, providing comprehensive re-entry support services that target crime-causing factors, shown to be predictors of recidivism, for formerly incarcerated high-risk men leaving prison and returning to Wilmington’s most distressed communities. Founded on research-informed solutions (and using qualified professionals and agency partners), WHC provides rehabilitative treatment services and programs designed to promote successful re-entry through – risk and needs assessments, cognitive behavioral therapies, vocational readiness training, educational and peer support, behavioral health services and family-reunification programs – to reduce recidivism and improve safety in the Wilmington community. Participants (i.e. members) are provided convenient access to the services essential to successful community reintegration – all under one roof.
- NAACP Recognition of the HOPE Commission on November 17, 2019
- Executive Director, Wilmington HOPE Commission, panelist at Hayes Symposium
- Financial Empowerment at the HOPE Commission by Stand by Me’s Karen Summa (Financial Coach)
- Ex-offenders in Wilmington, Summer Trash pick up a path to employment (9/3/19)
- Ex-offenders in Delaware say new efforts offer hope they can turn their lives around